Friday, January 18, 2013

The date is currently Friday, January 18th at 2:47a.m. I am watching Sex and The City (the movie) while reflecting upon my past year. Looking back at 2012 there were many different journeys and obstacles. I feel at peace now with life and know that the difficult journeys I've marched through have only built my character and have helped me to appreciate and value the joys in my life. My family is doing wonderful, I have a very lovely boyfriend and although I may not have many friends, I have a handful of the greatest friends imaginable. I surround myself with positive individuals and exude confidence and happiness, something I used to think I would never attain again. Grateful doesn't even begin to describe it, I owe my life to a certain set of individuals, and for that they will be forever in my heart. I'm even lucky enough to see and talk to these loves every day.

Over the last year I have graduated college, moved twice, had two jobs, gained a nephew and a half and brother in (partnership?) and the best of these things, a newfound happiness. There is something to say about forgiving yourself and choosing to be happy and kind, and I am so lucky to have learned this piece of wisdom as a young adult.

I will leave you now with a Mother Teresa quote

'Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.'

love

B

No comments:

Post a Comment