Monday, June 15, 2009

Missing a boy named M

Today at an appointment while I was talking to one of the nurses I blurted out that I have a boyfriend. It really took me aback because although I said it, it still doesn't mean that I'm ready to call M my boyfriend..I do care about him a lot and want to see where things go, but we've only dated a few short weeks. Earlier this spring I got out of a long time long distance relationship-2 year long to be exact. I thought my world had ended and that there was no way I could possibly live without being with someone. But over the past 4 months since then, I've realized that I am a very independent person and love being single and feeling as though I'm not obligated to please another person. I still haven't quite learned how to manage relationships with guys so that I don't shut everything else out. Lately I've been noticing myself doing just that and it's made me a little edgy....M and I talk on the phone every day for an hour or so, and I need to find a way to tell him without hurting his feelings that we each need our own space too. We can go a few days without talking to one another. I don't know it's just too much too soon. The jets need to be cooled down, I'm feeling a lot of pressure to become a couple and I don't think I'm ready for it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking with M and getting to know him every day, but I'm at a loss of what to do. This weekend I'll be heading to the cities, as M is coming up for a visit from CO where he is working this summer. I'm nervous to drive to the cities, but I know I can do it! I'm staying with my kick-ass auntie C and her kids G and C on Friday night so I know that will be fun! I just hope we can go to dicks...oh how I love dicks. (It's a bar you pervs!) I'll pick M up from the airport Saturday morning and we'll be staying with a couple of his friends for the weekend. This visit will be a good test to see how we react after spending 3 straight days with one another. I hope all goes well, and wish me luck!

xoxo

b

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweets! What time do you think you will be here on Friday? AND we can always go to Dick's!! I love Dick's! Love you, Auntie C

    ReplyDelete