Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to my home roots

My mom's best friend was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, so our whole town decided it would be a great idea to throw a benefit for her and her family. K is an extraordinary woman who is loved by many, so we all decided to give back and help her out with all of the expensive medical bills. The benefit took place at the moondance fairgrounds saloon and it was such a blast! My mom helped plan the shindig and asked my sisters and I if we could help out and of course we said yes! I bet there were over 500 people there last night! There was so many things to do to! There was a silent auction, a live auction, a buffet, a cake walk, a DJ, and so many other cool things! It was so nice to see how all of our community members were so generous and caring towards a special family in our small hometown. The town that we live in consists of just a few over a 1,000 people so if about 600 showed up for the benefit-that's awesome! All of the work is sooo worth it when you see 'K' being so grateful and hugging and loving everyone that attended. I think it would be such an amazing job to plan benefits for a living. Seriously, everybody is so nice and friendly and wants to help out everyone they can. I showed up last night and my mom already signed me up to work. She said 'B you will be doing anything that involves money. So you can sell tickets and take money for the cakewalk! That's what I thought you'd be best at since your a teller and all' I thought that was funny! When I woke up this morning I heard coins clankin on the kitchen table and I thought, oh geeze mom's trying to count all of the cash from last night-might need some help. So I counted the cash and mom added up the checks and then we went to get dougnuts. It's amazing how much a benefit can raise! I was thinking it would raise maybe a few thousand, but it was much more than that! It makes me proud to live/have grown up in such a wonderful town. Everyone here is so amazingly nice and I want to raise my kids in a town like this one. I just love love love my hometown.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry we had to miss this great event! I heard via your Mom that everything was awesome. So glad that you were able to experience all the love that day.

    ReplyDelete